Frequently Asked Questions
What is walmart?
Walmart is an American multinational retail corporation that operates a chain of hypermarkets, discount department stores, and grocery stores. It's known for its low prices, wide selection of products, and one-stop shopping experience.
With over 10,500 stores in 24 countries and numerous e-commerce websites, Walmart is the world's largest retailer by revenue. In the United States alone, it operates in four main formats:
- Discount stores: These offer a limited selection of everyday items at rock-bottom prices.
- Supercenters: These combine a discount store with a full-service grocery store.
- Neighborhood Markets: These are smaller stores that focus on groceries and fresh produce.
- Sam's Club: This is a membership-based warehouse club that offers bulk discounts on a wide range of products.
When does walmart black friday start?
While Black Friday technically occurs on November 24th, Walmart actually hosts two separate Black Friday events:
- Early Black Friday Deals (Nov. 8th Online and Nov. 10th in Stores): This event features early access to select Black Friday deals both online and in stores. This is a great opportunity to get a jump start on your holiday shopping and avoid the crowds on the actual Black Friday.
- Main Black Friday Sale (Nov. 22nd Online and Nov. 24th in Stores): This event features the biggest and most popular Black Friday deals across all categories. Online deals begin on Wednesday, November 22nd, with early access for Walmart+ members. In stores, deals begin on the official Black Friday, November 24th, at 6 AM local time.
How much is walmart worth?
- Market Capitalization: As of December 11, 2023, Walmart's market cap stands at a staggering $406.14 billion. This means the total market value of all its outstanding shares.
- Net Worth: Based on Walmart's revenue and profit over the past three years, its net worth is estimated to be well over $429 billion. This represents the company's total assets minus its liabilities.
How much does walmart pay?
Average Hourly Pay:
Nationwide: $17.50 per hour
Cashier: $13 per hour
Replenishment Associate: $16.60 per hour
Personal Shopper: $15.32 per hour
Data Center Technician: $37.52 per hour
Many positions offer benefits like health insurance, paid time off, and discounts on Walmart products.
Some employees may earn bonuses or commissions based on performance.